A True Four Season Military-grade Tent
The Alpha Kilo Bow Tent is one of the most well-designed and durable tents on the market. Most canvas tent companies cut corners. Not Bushtec. You won’t find tear-proof 17oz canvas on other tents like you do on a Bushtec tent. Bushtec tents are leak proof, UV and rot resistant, and fire retardant. There’s a reason that Bushtec has been outfitting NGOs and military operations for over fifty years. Bushtec tests its tents in wind tunnels. They obsess over quality components. They’ve been fine-tuning their tent designs for decades.
Accessorized with Premium Components
Most canvas tent companies use 0.8mm steel. Bushtec uses 1.2mm. Their stakes are unbendable. Their zippers are the best in the industry. Their reinforced seems don’t leak, and their waterproof 17oz PVC flooring conjoins with the walls to protect from rain, snow, and flooding.
When it comes to tents, you get what you pay for. A Bushtec tent is a true four season tent. All of the parts have lifetime warranty. These tents are built to last for decades, not years. They have a modular design that allows expansion over time without replacing initial parts. A Bushtec tent is truly a tent you can pass on from generation to generation
The Alpha Kilo Bow Tent features a comfortable main room with the flexibility of an extended porch for extra space. This popular tent is an ideal option for families and small groups. Designed to repel rain and stand stable in high winds, the Alpha Kilo is excellent in adverse weather. Storm straps, mosquito gauze windows, PVC floor with side walls add an extra level of comfort. The awning that covers the porch creates a second living space for chairs and gear storage – a perfect place for visit with friends.
Note: People often ask us what the difference is between the Alpha Kilo Tent and the Nomad Bow Tent. Here's the answer: The Nomad is a slightly more lightweight version of the Alpha Kilo. The Alpha Kilo's extra weight means you get a porch cover (which is nice!) and a slightly thicker rip-stop canvas. The advantage of the Nomad is that it packs up smaller (42"x9"x8 vs 50″ x 18″ x 13″) and weighs about 30lbs less than the Alpha Kilo.
- 550gsm Rip-stop Military Grade Canvas
- Bow tent suspended on spring steel frame
- Canvas top cover with extended porch
- Waterproof (550mm water head tested)
- CPAI 84 Fire retardant
- Taped seams
- UV and Rot protected
- No noticeable color fading for 15+ years
- Two large windows with mosquito gauze
- Inner and outer flaps for extra warmth or cooling
- Extendable outer flaps
- Heavy duty #10 YKK zippers
- Sewn-in 550gsm PVC floor with flood walls included
- Electric supply socket pocket
- Storm straps included
- Unbendable ground stakes included
- Water proof carry bag
- Wind tunnel tested to withstand extreme winds
- Easy installation in under 20 min
- Safe to use internal heating with normal precautions
- Capacity: 6 persons
- Open size: 10′ x 10′ x 7′
- Material: Military spec Rip-stop canvas
- Floor: 19 oz. PVC
- Frame: Spring steel frame
- Packed weight: 90 lbs
- Packed Dimensions: 50″ x 18″ x 13″
Heavy duty tent, isn’t light weight !! Great tent for camping in the elements.