A perfect sized hatchet for camping, cutting small firewood, and fine carving. The Almike is a life long all-purpose tool for the garden, camp or wilderness survival. Featuring a classic turpentine pattern axe head intended for tasks such as making kindling, doing light clearing and any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt or easily tucked into a backpack. This item has an axe head weight of one pound and a handle length of 16 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
Why Hults Bruk?
The Hults Bruk forge was founded in 1697 in the Hulta Valley in southeastern Sweden. In Sweden, the axe is more than a tool--it's a symbol of strength, tradition, and nordic self-reliance. Today Hults Bruk combines ancient axe making traditions with modern technology to forge the finest Axes in the world.
- Weight: 1.75lbs
- Head Weight: 1lbs
- Handle Length: 16"