The Adler Super Splitter is a heavy-duty splitting tool incorporating a hollow-forge expansion wedge. The unique head shape effectively powers the wood apart while not clamping. The ergonomic handle is hewn from US hickory and painted with a unique anti-slip paint pattern for better grip. There is also a metal collar to project the throat of the tool. Each axe comes with a heavy-duty leather sheath.
Adler was founded in 1919 by Josef Schmitt. Ever Adler Axe now bears the “JSW” mark—the “JS” to honor Josef Schmitt and the “W” to signify its time-honored origins in the small village of Wiesental (located just south of the current factory in Waghäusel). In other words, this isn't your standard-fare hardware store axe. This blade has character, history, and craft. We've tried a lot of axes and don't know of any at this price-point that come close to the Adler's quality or character.
One more reason to swing an Adler: The Adler paint factory is water-based and wood waste is used to generate the energy (up to 700KW) that runs their factory. Pretty cool.
- Head weight: 6.2 Lbs
- Total weight: 8.2 Lbs
- Head mount: wood and 2 round metal wedges
- Handle length: 31.5 inches
- Handle type: US sourced hickory, ergonomic curved shape
- Handle colors: Black (anti-slip) and red
- Sheath: Heavy duty leather with robust button (Made in Spain)
- Steel type: C45
- Rockwell hardness of head: 47-55 hrc
- Packaging: Unboxes with instruction manual
- Adler has been awarded a VPA GS Quality Certification. The VPA acts as an objective testing center to assess product quality and safety in accordance with the German Equipment and Product Safety Act.
- Adler has been granted a Forest Stewardship Council Certification (FSC)© which the company renews each year.
- Adler is a certified FWI facility ("Deutsches Werkzeug - made in Germany") confirming that the product country of origin is Germany.