The Luna running snowshoe by Crescent Moon is designed for lighter snowshoers with smaller footprints. Additionally, the Luna has slightly more flex on the sole and more rocker on the toe than it's bigger companion, the Eva. These subtle differences make the Luna easier to wear and easier to walk in. Why should a smaller person clomp around in a snowshoe built for someone twice their size?
The Luna is rated for users up to 150 pounds and with a shoe size in the following range: 6Y - 12M. If you are over 150lbs, you'll want to use the slighter larger EVA.
Even if you only get out a few times this winter, it's worth having a pair of Lunas in the trunk of your car for those moments where you want to get rid of some stress in the great outdoors. They're perfect for that. Luna snowshoes are highly recommended for trails and in packed powder conditions and offer a more comfortable and quiet snowshoeing experience than a comparably sized traditional snowshoe.
- The rocker platform bends and rolls with your foot…just like your favorite athletic shoes.
- Extra cushion and insulation for comfort and warmth.
- Simple, secure hook and loop bindings.
- Quiet & Lightweight
- Serious traction with durable rubber lugs and optional ice cleats for hardpack & icy conditions**.
- Recyclable through athletic shoe recycling programs.
- Recommended use: Hiking and Running on flat to rolling terrain on packed trails.
- 20" x 7"
- Fits shoe sizes 6Y - 12M
- Weighs 2 lbs. 10 oz.
I finally tried out these snowshoes and they are perfect for my needs. They work very well on a groomed road. My Atlas snowshoes always throw snow on my back. I am more interested in going on groomed trails and not into back country areas and these are just right for that.
Bought this looking to extend my running season. Definitely more manageable on packed snow. More cumbersome than expected in fresh snow. About twice as heavy as I expected; I thought it would feel as lightweight as crocs brand type of material but it's got more packed into it than that. Still a great product though.