Small but mighty, the Jonaker is the perfect sized hatchet for car camping, canoeing, and even backpacking if needed.
It's the most compact axe in the Hults Bruk Arsenal, but it's still a serious tool. Light and easy to use yet still heavy enough to generate force, the Almike is a heritage-quality hatchet that's at its best splitting kindling and fine carving.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
Why Hults Bruk?
The Hults Bruk forge was founded in 1697 in the Hulta Valley in southeastern Sweden. In Sweden, the axe is more than a tool--it's a symbol of strength, tradition, and nordic self-reliance. Today Hults Bruk combines ancient axe making traditions with modern technology to forge the finest Axes in the world.
- Weight: 1.5lbs
- Head Weight: 1lbs
- Handle Length: 9.4"
- Origins: Swedish Steel / American Hickory handle
I do a lot of backpacking and have a lot of friends who saw the Jonaker and loved it. I thought it was a little small for what my needs were or I would have kept it. Now all of my friends are asking about where and how I found your product.. They will be reaching out soon I am sure.
Love this hatchet! Bought for my boyfriend two years ago for Christmas and he loves it. Bought two this year— one for each of our dads!