A perfect sized hatchet for camping, cutting small firewood, fine carving, and any number of backcountry jobs. The Almike is a life-long all-purpose tool, ideal for camping or wilderness survival. With a head weight of one pound and a handle length of 16 inches, the Almike can be worn on a belt or easily tucked into a backpack.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
Why Hults Bruk?
The Hults Bruk forge was founded in 1697 in the Hulta Valley in southeastern Sweden. In Sweden, the axe is more than a tool--it's a symbol of strength, tradition, and nordic self-reliance. Today Hults Bruk combines ancient axe making traditions with modern technology to forge the finest Axes in the world.
- Weight: 1.75lbs
- Head Weight: 1lbs
- Handle Length: 16"
I called after hours during the holidays, because I ordered the wrong product and needed to return it for what I wanted. What was awesome is I never had to leave a message, a human answered the phone and sent me a pre paid mailing for me to return at zero cost to me! This was my error but I was taken care of like it was theirs.
Amazing everything was returned and sent back at no cost to me.
Came out of the box very sharp and seems to be very well made. Handle fits my hand very good. Overall I like it a lot!