National Parks are the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best rather than our worst. — Wallace Stegner
FOUR 3-PACKS, TWELVE PARKS
The National Parks collection is a collaboration between Field Notes and the artists of The Fifty-nine Parks Print series (You can learn more about that project here).
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of premium Finch Opaque paper marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
The best part: Five percent of each purchase is donated directly to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea.
SERIES A 3-PACK
SERIES B 3-PACK
SERIES C 3-PACK
SERIES D 3-PACK
SERIES E 3-PACK
A Vintage Look and Feel
The covers are printed using a custom, five-color process which begins with under-printing white ink. This allowed the color of the paper to be incorporated into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and even the copper staples are all intentional, meant to recall the heritage and archival promotional materials and publications of the National Park System.
Yosemite & Zion - Dan McCarthy
Acadia - Telegramme Paper Co.
Grand Canyon - DKNG Studios
Joshua Tree - The Little Friends of Printmaking
Mount Rainier & Sequoia - Glenn Thomas
Rocky Mountain - Rory Kurtz
Great Smoky Mountains - Chris Turnham
Yellowstone - Brave the Woods
Grand Teton - Eric Nyffeler
Arches - Nicolas Delort
Sequoia - Glenn Thomas
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
- Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
- Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.