Our favorite fire starter, the Zünden by Überleben, strikes the perfect balance between function and form. The Sånft-korr™ ferrocerium consistently outperforms other fire starters, and nothing looks or feels better than natural wood.
The lightweight Zunden slips easily into a pocket or backpack. It's built to last. And best of all, like all well-made tools, the Zunden instantly comes to feel like and old friend.
Available in 3 Different Sizes:
Trad - 5/16" (12,000 strikes)
Pro - 3/8" (15,000 strikes)
Fatty - 1/2" (20,000 strikes)
- Molten spark showers at 5,500º F (3,000º C) to ignite a fire in any weather (even when wet) at any altitude from the Sånft-korr™ ferro.
- Premium 100% hardwood handle is handmade and provides a natural textured grip.
- Includes fire rod, 6-function multi-tool scraper, and mil-spec 550 paracord lanyard.
- Length of Ferro Rod ( 2.75" exposed)
- Weight: 1.7 oz. (Trad), 2.2 oz. (Pro), 3.1 oz. (Fatty)
I have not yet used the fire starter but it is very well made and the attachments look useful. I am happy with my purchase.