The Kelly Kettle Ultimate Kit is absolutely the best value when purchasing Kelly Kettle products - perfect for fishing, hunting, wilderness survival, and camping. It's also an excellent stove and mess kit for disaster kits and bug-out bags.
FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 States!
The Kelly Kettle was originally created for Irish fisherman who needed to quickly boil water for coffee and tea. Now, over 125 years later, the unique Kelly Kettle is still boiling water quickly and easily in the outdoors - even in extreme weather conditions. But the Kelly Kettle isn't just a kettle. It's a whole new way of thinking. It boils water outdoors in just 3 - 5 minutes using organic fuel like sticks, pine cones, bark, and dry grass. In other words, there's no need for fuel canisters. Fuel is always free.
How it Works:
The Kelly Kettle is essentially a double-walled chimney with the water contained in the chimney wall. For a heat source, it uses all natural fuel such as sticks, twigs, dry grass, pine cones, and bark. Once the camp kettle is filled with water, you simply start a very small fire in the base, set the kettle on the base, and then drop additional fuel (twigs, leaves, grass, paper, etc.) down the chimney. That's it. Once the fire is going, you'll have boiling water in minutes.
The Kelly Kettle originated on the Irish coast, so you better believe that it works well in wind and rain - in fact, it actually works better in wind so there is no need to find shelter when brewing up!
What is Included in the Ultimate Kit?
Basecamp: Includes the Stainless Steel Base Camp Kettle and fire-base, Cook set (which includes: 29 fl.oz. Pot / Frying Pan and pot lid), 2 Piece Grill, Gripper Handle, Large Hobo Stove (turns the fire-base into a wood fueled stove for easy cooking), Kettle Pot/Base Support, 2 Stainless Steel Camping Cups (17 & 12 fl.oz. cups with silicone CooLIp pieces), 2 Stainless Steel Camping Plates, Storage Bag
Scout: Includes the stainless steel Scout Kettle (41 fl. oz.) and fire-base, Cook set (which includes: 29 fl.oz. Pot / Frying Pan w/pot lid), 2 Piece Grill, Gripper Handle, Large Hobo Stove (turns the fire-base into a wood fueled stove for easy cooking), Kettle Pot/Base Support, 2 Stainless Steel Camping Cups (17 & 12 fl.oz. cups with silicone CooLIp pieces), 2 Stainless Steel Camping Plates, Storage Bag
Trekker: Includes the stainless steel Small Trekker, Storage Bag, Small Cookset, Pot Support, 1 12oz Camp Cup and Small Hobo Stove. The Trekker Kelly Kettle holds 20 fl. oz. of water.
Total Kit Weights (excluding packaging): Base Camp: 4.9lb / Scout: 4.66lb / Trekker: 3.42 lbs
Which Kit is Right for You?
- The Base Camp Kettle is the largest of the Kelly Kettles. It boils approximately 54 fl. oz of water at a time – that’s nine 6 oz. mugs of water for camp coffee, tea or hot cocoa. The Base Camp is ideal for families and groups.
- The Scout is the medium sized version of the three Kelly Kettles. It boils 41 fl.oz. of water. The scout is ideal for for small groups, family camping, hunting, fishing, kayaking, and car camping, picnics.
- The Trekker is the smallest kettle in Kelly Kettle family. The Trekker boils 20 fl.oz. of water - perfect for two cups of coffee or morning oatmeal.The Trekker is ideal for solo campers or couples who enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, hunting, fishing, kayaking, or canoeing.
The Advantages of a Kelly Kettle compared to a fuel canister stove:
- No fuel to purchase
- No fuel to carry
- No continued operating costs
- No fuel lines to get plugged or cracked
- No igniters to get bent, broken, or plugged
- Works every time without fail - even in extreme weather
- You can take it with you when you travel on trains and planes
- Boils water in just a few minutes with very little natural fuel (uses a small handful of sticks, twigs, pine cones, bark, etc.)
- Environmental friendly. No canister to dispose of.
- In really bad weather, you can build up a bed of hot embers inside the kettle in a protected environment, out of the wind and rain. These embers can then be used to quickly build the camp fire
The Kelly Kettle Ultimate Kit is perfect for . . .
- Camping: If you are camping and just want a convenient quick way to heat up your water for hydrating food or brewing a cup of coffee the Base Camp Large Kelly Kettle is great. It will deliver about 7 cups of hot water in just a few minutes. Your camping gear will not be complete without a Kelly Kettle.
- Backpacking and Hiking: Backpackers and hikers love the Trekker Small Kelly Kettle for its light weight and natural fuel burning ability. Never worry about carrying heavy fuel in your backpack again. The Trekker Kettle holds a little over 2 cups of water, which is enough to hydrate your dehydrated evening meal and extra for a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. You will never go on a backpacking trip again without your Trekker Kelly Kettle.
- Kayaking & Canoeing: When paddling, no one wants to carry any more than necessary. Once again, the Trekker Kelly Kettle is ideal because of its light weight, use of natural fuel, and how fast it will boil water when you are exhausted from kayaking all day.
- Fishing and Hunting: The Kelly Kettle was created to quickly produce hot water for coffee and other hot drinks while fishing on the beautiful lakes of Ireland. The same is still true today. All three sizes of kettles are well suited for the fisherman or hunter depending on the size of the group and whether you are backpacking into a remote area to catch the big fish or bag the trophy deer or elk or just setting up camp for a leisurely outing.
- Emergency Preparedness and Survival: The Kelly Kettle is an essential element in any emergency preparedness plan. In an emergency or disaster situation, the most important part of survival is being able to obtain pure water. Without access to other types of fuel such as gas or propane, it may be difficult to get pure water. Since the Kelly Kettle uses only natural fuels, in a disaster you will still have access to ample natural fuel to boil and purify water for drinking, cooking, and personal hygiene.